As our community begins to recover and reopen, we recognize the new set of challenges local businesses and organizations face as they begin to reopen and adjust to the "new normal". Below are resources for businesses and employees to help navigate the recovery and reopening process while continuing to adhere to public health and safety guidelines.
Colorado Arts Relief Fund (application deadline is January 8, 2021)
This initiative directs up to $7.5 million for relief payments to eligible artists, crew members and organizations. Funding through this bill will be distributed through two separate grant applications: 1) Colorado Arts Relief—Business and Organization and, 2) Colorado Arts Relief—Individuals. The programs are administered by Colorado Creative Industries. Click HERE for details and application.
Jefferson County Small Business Relief Program - Online Application deadline is January 25, 2021 at 6:00pm. Relief payments to be distributed by February 12, 2021.
Grants available for businesses in the following categories: Restaurants, bars, caterers, fitness and recreational, movie theaters. Click HERE for additional information and the application.
Alternative Sources of Funding
The following Google sheet provided by the Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade helps Colorado's small businesses find alternative funding sources beyone EIDL, PPP and other federal loans and programs. It is updated periodically by the state. Click HERE.
Colorado COVID Legal Relief
This organization matches volunteer atorneys with Colorado businesses in need to help them make informed decisions and get back on their feet. Click HERE.
The Energize Colorado Gap Fund will provide more than $25M in small business loans and grants to boost small business enterprises that are the economic engines throughout the state. Sole proprietors, businesses and nonprofits with less than 25 full-time employees can apply for up to a $15,000 grant and a $20,000 loan for a possible combined total of $35,000 in financial assistance. CLICK HERE for details, eligibility and the application. Energize Colorado also provides a number of resources to help small businesses including other financial resources, business guidance, free professional services and mental health resources.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan
- SBA Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources in response COVID-19
- SBA Disaster Loan Assistance & Online Disaster Loan application
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQ's
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Guide (SBA & U.S Treasury)
To apply for the PPP loan, contact your local banker or one of the following:
Optive Commercial Capital
FirstBank of Aspen Park - existing customers only at this time
Evergreen National Bank - existing customers only at this time
As we find more lenders and banks set up to process the PPP loans we will add that here.
Or, to search by zip code CLICK HERE.
Need more info on the EIDL?
Call the Office of Disaster Assistance Customer Service line at 1-800-659-2955 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Financial Aid:
- Employee Retention Tax Credit (US Chamber)
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- Financial Resources for 501(c)6 Organizations (US Chamber)
INFORMATION FROM COLORADO OFFICE OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE
Different programs and funding resources are explained in detail by clicking HERE
GRANTS & ALTERNATIVE FUNDING
- Distance Learning & Telemedicine Grants for businesses and non-profits. This program helps rural communities use the unique capabilities of telecommunications to connect to each other and to the world.
- Funding opportunity with Community First Next50 Initiative is offering $1 million in emergency funding in the form of immediate mini-grants for general operating support to older adult-serving organizations amid the COVID-19 pandemic: CLICK HERE for more information.
- Jeffco Hope Fund
- Providing financial support to help ensure the nonprofit community and government agencies serving Jefferson County can continue or even bolster their services in response to the COVID- 19 pandemic.
- Colorado Nonprofit Association
- COVID-19 Updates & Resources for Colorado Nonprofits
- Find Nonprofit focused Grants & Funding
- Need assistance with Online Foundation Directory? Book a librarian!
- No Library Card Needed
- Help Colorado Now
- Colorado COVID Relief Fund Application
The Conifer Area Chamber is offering a variety of resources to our members to help promote our local business community:
- Communications Toolkit: CLICK HERE for printable signage and posters for your business. Print and Post -- it is that easy!
- Participate in the "Our Mountain Community is BACK in Business campaign".
- Follow the Relaunch Steps.
- Wear a mask and encourage the community to wear a mask to help protect and respect those around us.
- Submit Hot Deals, News Releases and any other updates through your member portal. Once submitted the information gets pushed out to social media.
Many small businesses have faced challenges with eviction questions as a result of the ongoing pandemic. To help small businesses, the Colorado COVID Small Business Legal Program is offering services. Please click HERE to be directed to their website for information on upcoming clinics and click HERE for other resources.
Jefferson County Business Resource Center offers various courses to help your business. Some topics include funding, Zoom meeting success, bookkeeping and social media for businesses. Click on the below link to be directed to their website. Most are FREE or have a small fee. Check back often as they continue to add courses.
Click Here for Jeffco BRC Classes
Free and/or low-cost advice is offered to Jefferson County small business owners through Jeffco Business Resource Center. Click HERE to see how they can assist you with your specific needs. If you are just starting your business, they can also help. Click HERE for the offerings available.
The Colorado Small Business Development Center Network offers no cost consulting and low cost training. Request a consulting appointment, register for a workshop or browse resources in our area by clicking HERE. You can find many e-learning videos available HERE.
Check out the job posts from our members. CLICK HERE
- Your company name,
- how to apply (if online or in person, please include your website and/or physical address),
- and if possible, the type(s) of jobs
For additional information about testing, please visit:
National Resources (Websites)
- United States Small Business Administration (SBA) | Facebook | Twitter
- United States Chamber of Commerce
- National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
- America’s Small Business Development Centers (SBDC)
- Association of Women’s Business Centers (AWBC)
- SCORE Association (the non-profit resource partner of the SBA)
State Resources (Websites)
- Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade | Facebook | Twitter
- Colorado Department of Labor and Employment | Facebook | Twitter
- Extension of Certain Licenses by Governor Polis
- Includes liquor licenses, bed-and-breakfast permits, hotels, restaurants, taverns, retail gaming establishments, brewpubs, etc (PDF)
Industry Specific Resources
- CLICK HERE to learn about the Senate CARES bill small business provisions.
- CLICK HERE to learn about the Senate CARES bill tax provisions.
- CLICK HERE to learn about the Senate CARES bill health provisions.
- CLICK HERE to learn about the Senate CARES bill unemployment provisions.
- CLICK HERE to learn about the Senate CARES bill distressed industries provisions.
- Coronavirus Bulletin: Resources for Leading During the Crisis
The below are official sources on the current COVID-19 situation:
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention Coronavirus Updates
- Updates from CDC on Reported Cases
- CDC Coronavirus Summary
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Coronavirus Updates
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment COVID-19 Testing
- Updates from Jefferson County Public Health
- Is it COVID-19 or something else?
The Chamber has several members that are in the business of marketing, website design, email set up, social media assistance and technical services that you may find useful as you change your business model to virtual and online or if you need to begin working from home. Please reach out and see how they may be able to get you up and running or optimize your business model.
AlphaPixel Reach specializes in helping nonprofits and small to medium business reach their goals by reaching more potential clients. They achieve this through the use of a variety of media including websites, social media, eBlasts, newsletters and print media.
Mic Helms Business Development
Mic provides business coaching and services to help guide you in designing and implementing business operations that function properly and efficiently. This can include internet marketing, advertising, communications and messaging along with forecasting and budgeting.
Johnson Services and Companies, LLC
Johnson Services operates virtually so they certainly know how to help you transition to a virtual business. Providing business phone services (VOIP), custom business applications and cloud-based hosted business solutions.
Marketing Type Guys
Online marketing agency specializing in Website Design, Search Engine Optimization, PPC Advertising, Social Media Optimization, On-Line Reputation Management, & Social Media or Review Site Monitoring.
Image Marketing provides promotional advertising and marketing campaigns from beginning to end and any point in between, including graphic design, portable signs and banners and screen printed apparel. If you need help with a new marketing campaign give them a call.
Pine Design specializes in logo design, branding, business and marketing collateral and web design. They can help with just about any other visual service you can think of.
Rising Graphics and Printing
A full service printer providing design, offset printing, and digital photocopying services. If you need printing done to send out a mailing now that you've gone virtual, contact Rising Graphics.
Zuni Sign Company
Let the community know you are still open and have Zuni Sign make a banner or sign to bring attention to your business.
Up-to-date resources and information for small businesses responding to the current health crisis can be found on the Colorado SBDC's Disaster Preparedness and Continuity page.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policies and Protocols for the Colorado Restaurant Industry
Colorado Health Emergency Leave with Pay ("Colorado HELP") Rules
CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employees
Business Disaster Planning from Department of Homeland Security
Tax Relief - information from the IRS